Monday, August 01, 2022

30 Days of Witchcraft ~ 30-Day Challenge ~ Day 3 Grimoires or Book of Shadows

 

It is Day 3 of our "30 Days of Witchcraft'' Write Your Craft 30-Day Challenge! I hope you’re enjoying it so far! 


Today is about our Grimoires or Book of Shadows, but first, let me wish you a blessed Lughnasadh with these FREE Lughnasadh printables in my shop. They were created with love and blessing based on my previous Lughnasadh post and will be free for August. I hope they are a good addition to your Grimoire.

So Grimoire? Book of Shadows? What are they and what is the difference?

Simply put, a Grimoire is a book that usually holds a witch's spells and the information needed for those spells. So these pages, for instance, would have the Lughnasadh spells, as well as a list of correspondences for the season that you can research to create your own spells or rituals. Meanwhile, a Book of Shadows is a record of a witch's magical works, dreams, their learning path, and other private things ~ a magical diary of sorts.

Both can be hard copies or stored online (I have both, both ways). You can keep just one and store everything in it. It can be a hardcover (I use this one and photo corners to add in things. Rae (the kiddo) has this one, so they can draw on the cover.), a notebook, a binder full of printables, or whatever else you want to put in it. This blog is part of my Book of Shadows, the part I choose to share with the world. I've shared some of myself, I've shared my research, and I've even shared my anger sometimes. There are printed books from other witches and I've recently seen a sort of fill-in-the-blank Grimoire! Author Amy Cesari has an entire line of "Coloring Book of Shadows". It was a great starter tool for my daughter when she wanted to start homeschooling Paganism in 9th grade. Here in our  3rd year, I'm just printing her fun blank journal pages and letting her create her own, and she is my final checkpoint for the printables in my shop!

So as you can see, no matter how you do it, you have SO MANY options!! Even though I am creating my own, I still get sucked into the rabbit hole of ways to create them. If you are a bookbinder or know one.. well, you probably already have one if that's the case LOL!









No comments:

Post a Comment