Saturday, March 31, 2018

My Year and a Day (updated 7/21/2022)

Has anyone else done "a year and a day"?
I'm doing it as a re-dedication for myself, not a coven (because I don't have one) but I started this post last March when to keep myself accountable. I originally started with a book but I quickly learned that I knew enough to get bored with traditional "start from the beginning" year and a day things. So I made sure to do something daily to learn and share. My way.. because YOU DO YOU! and I'LL DO ME! 

  • Moon 1 of 13 ~ 3/31/2018
    • Reading, studying, learning (books & online)
    • Opened up to husband about needing to follow the path again
    • Began sharing with oldest daughter
    • Started Book of Shadows
  • Moon 2 of 13 ~ 4/29/2018
    • Started "Write Your Craft"
    • Studied & created my own candle spell
    • Continued work in my Book of Shadows
  • Moon 3 of 13 ~ 5/29/2018
  • Moon 4 of 13 ~ 6/28/2018
    • Created The Wide Open Witch on Facebook
    • Began sharing with my sister in law
    • Began sharing with my youngest daughter
    • Attended Midsummer Solstice festival with my family
    • Started my daughter's baby fae/seawitch altar ♥
    • Continued work in my Book of Shadows
    • Started a BOS Specifically for herb/plant lore
  • Moon 5 of 13  ~ 7/27/2018
    • More studying, found Lisa Chamberlain books
    • More "Write your Craft"
    • Continued work in my Book of Shadows
  • Moon 6 of 13 ~ 8/26/2018
    • Created the "Sabbat Series"
    • Studied Mabon and shared with the world!
    • Continued work in my Book of Shadows
  • Moon 7 of 13 ~ 9/24/2018
    • Continued sharing Mabon
    • Studied/read a lot because we evacuated for Hurricane Florence
  • Moon 8 of 13 ~ 10/24/2018
    • Lots of studying on ancestral altars because my mother passed away
    • Started Samhain preparations, but only got as far as my ancestral altar
  • Moon 9 of 13 ~ 11/23/2018
    • Began studying Yule traditions to share on the blog
    • Continued work in my Book of Shadows
  • Moon 10 of 13 ~ 12/22/2018
  • Moon 11 of 13 ~  1/21/2019
      • Studying/working on Imbolc traditions to share on the blog
      • Continuing work in my Book of Shadows
  • Moon 12 of 13 ~ 2/19/2019
      • Working on: Continuing work in my Book of Shadows
      • Studying/Working on Ostara traditions 
  • Moon 13 of 13 ~ 3/20/2019
      • Studying/Working on Ostara traditions
      • 13th Moon Dedication at Ostara Ceremony
      • Continuing work in my Book of Shadows
  • 3/31/2019 ~ Year and a Day
      • Completion
      • Refection
      • Modified Triple Goddess tattoo on my inner left wrist
      • Stropholos of Hecate tattoo on my inner right wrist

No comments:

Post a Comment